A Sub-Zero refrigerator is a high-end appliance that helps to keep food fresh for longer periods. Sub Zero appliance repair in Glendale is important because it can help extend the lifespan of your appliance. Sub-Zero appliances are known for their quality and durability, but even the best appliances need occasional repair and maintenance. We can help ensure that your appliance continues to run smoothly and efficiently for years to come.
Sub-Zero refrigerators are built with two evaporators. One evaporator is located in the freezer compartment, while the other is in the main refrigerator. Sub-Zero uses a dynamic condensation system designed to eliminate excessive moisture and prevent frost buildup. This system also helps to keep food fresh longer by maintaining a consistent temperature and humidity level.
Sub-Zero refrigerators are equipped with a defrost cycle that automatically clears frost from the evaporator coils. However, if the defrost cycle is not working properly, excessive condensation can build up on the coils and cause them to ice over.
If you have excessive condensation in your refrigerator, you may need to clean the coils and/or adjust the defrost cycle. A clogged drain line can also cause excessive condensation. If the drain line is clogged, water will build up in the bottom of the refrigerator and cause the coils to ice over.
- To clean the coils, remove all food from the refrigerator and unplug the power cord. Locate the coils on the back of the refrigerator and vacuum them with a soft brush attachment. If the coils are extremely dirty, you may need to wash them with a mild detergent.
- Once the coils are clean, plug the refrigerator back in and allow it to run for 24 hours. If the condensation problem persists, you will need to adjust the defrost cycle.
- Sub-Zero refrigerators are equipped with a manual to defrost cycle that the user can adjust. Press and hold the “Defrost” button for five seconds to adjust the defrost cycle. The display will show the current setting of the defrost cycle. Press the “Defrost” button repeatedly to cycle through the different settings.
- The defrost cycle can run for anywhere from eight hours to 72 hours. Select the one that best meets your requirements. Once the defrost cycle has been adjusted, press and hold the “Defrost” button for five seconds to save the new setting.
- If you have adjusted the defrost cycle and the condensation problem persists, the drain line is likely clogged. Locate the drain line at the back of the refrigerator and remove any debris blocking it.
If you cannot clear the clog yourself, contact a Sub-Zero service technician for assistance. Sub-Zero offers a wide range of Sub Zero Refrigerator Repair to keep your refrigerator running properly. Sub-Zero also recommends that your refrigerator be serviced every six months to ensure that it is running efficiently. A Sub-Zero service technician can clean the coils and drain line and inspect the overall condition of your refrigerator.
By following these simple steps, you can prevent excessive condensation in your Sub-Zero refrigerator and keep it running smoothly for years to come.